Sunday, February 22, 2015

Picked A Beautiful Tansu Mystery Chest

The one thing about picking is there is always something that catches your eye that you have to buy. This is an area of Mid Century I have not a lot of experience with. During the 50's and 60's Asian influence was big in many homes. Loving mid century I have never ventured down that road but being an off shoot it is time I dug in. And I did.

This piece to me had enough going for it I bought it with little knowledge but I was still comfortable doing so. Once home we did some due diligence on research and even contacted what seemed to be a big reseller of vintage and antique Asian furniture but they were little help.

SEE EBAY LISTING HERE

So now in picking terms, you wing it and all the research we have done seems to be it is probably more valuable then what we listed it for on EBay. But one trick to EBay is there are I wish numbers, and to a potential customer it's an oh shit number. Then there is the selling number. So in pricing on EBay we try to go with a realistic selling price more then a oh hell that would be great to get number.


Every piece normally has flaws, hence it's vintage. This has a loose connecter on the drop down door and tarnish and minor scratches. But nothing to get your panty's in an uproar over.....it's vintage. These things are minor and being this is older it has a cool personality. Just thought I would share my latest pickins.

Take care and as the Red Neck Picker says.....keep your head on a swivel.

No comments:

Post a Comment