Friday, February 20, 2015

What A Week For Picking Mid Century

The one thing about finding stuff for resell is you never know exactly where it will be. Week to week I have a rhythm to my hunting, I check Craigslist for under valued stuff, I visit thrift shops daily and last but not least estate sales. The one thing you have to count on is your knowledge (which is always growing) and your eye.

Do not fool yourself in thinking your the only one buying what you buy but I think perseverance is my strength. I cross my T's and dot my I's everyday. So should you. And have patients. The biggest thing you should try to do is build relationships everywhere you go so sooner or later you get preference and better pricing.

Well this week it paid off and I pretty much hade the run of a great estate sale. Picked up some Selig Monroe chairs.





 
 
These chairs sold in 2 hours on EBay. The estate sale was for a man who was 90 and served in Korea in the 50's and had brought back some great oriental pieces. So it was a mixture of MCM and hand made Asian piece. One of a kind stuff and some neat things indicating this man was cool. Relationships are important to create better opportunity's.

 
 
 
This cool MCM lattice lamp is in perfect condition. That is one thing you learn fast. The flavor of the house your in will end up telling you a lot about what you will find. This man took care of his things and again he had great taste.

This piece is a diamond front John Breuner credenza. John Breuner co. went out of business in 74 but this Mid Century piece is cool.

Well this is my week so far but 2 days to go. Every body take care. Have fun hunting.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment